BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 15, 2010

Random trip to Memphis...

So last night at church my friend Olivia and I decided to go to Memphis today, as long as the roads weren't bad... When we woke up this morning, it was snowing, but the roads were dry, so we decided to go ahead and go, and pray that the roads stayed good.  It worked out great!  We ate lunch at J. Alexander's, which is a slightly overpriced place, but it's got really good food, a cool atmosphere, and it's a tradition of ours.

Then we went to the mall... Don't ask how much I spent, because I won't tell you, but I did save over half on everything that I bought...  Plus I got some really cute stuff that I will definitely wear the crap out of! :)

Anyway, then we went on to Target, where I didn't spend as much as I could have... Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better about what I spent? lol

As we were leaving Target, Olivia asked me if I wanted to fulfill the normal tradition of taking I-40 back to Jackson and eating Italian food... Of course I said yes!  We usually go to Old Town Spaghetti Store, but since we ate there last week, we decided to go to Olive Garden.  We got back to Jackson alot earlier than we planned on, so we hit up Books-a-Million.  I got some Spanish books there, and a couple of the are really fun... They're some that my friends that are always wanting to know Spanish insults will most definitely want to borrow! :)  But I did get one book that I will actually use with my students... The other 2 will never see the inside of my classroom! lol

Anyway, I just got home from Olivia's house.  It had been forever since just she and I had hung out, and it was really nice to just sit back on the drive and talk and catch up. :)

Hopefully the school district she teaches in will get out for the snow tomorrow and she and I will get to cook up a bunch of stuff. (My district's already out...)  Cross your fingers!

0 comments: